Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Future Looks Bright... Red... Tricycle Red.



I wanted to share our first makeover of the new year... My hot hubby helped me finish this radio cabinet today... As you can see from the bird poop on top, it had been stored in less than ideal conditions. No matter, I could see all kinds of potential in this cute little thing!
Here is the before photo...
 


From the very moment I laid eyes on it, I thought it need some MMS Milk Paint in "Tricycle Red."
I didn't have very much of that particular color left in my stash, and I'm not known for my patience...
So this is the "after" with only one coat of tricycle red... I love it!
 
 
If it looks rather frigid here in south eastern Idaho... it's because it IS!
 

I was hoping for some "chipping" on this one, and it didn't disappoint. 


Mark added a new back and a shelf so we could have two rows of books. Ever since I began homeschooling my kids, we have books coming out our ears. :)
 I painted the inside in "French Linen"
 

 



I'm in love with all the texture on this piece... I'm pretty sure it's a keeper. 

 

Happy New Year Everyone! May your year be filled with love and laughter...
good health and happiness...
courage and calm...


(I'm sharing over at Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday... It's the place to be!)


1 comment:

  1. This turned out beautiful! I haven't tried MMS milk paint yet, but hope to soon. Looks like winter is almost over up here in the panhandle of Idaho, at least we can hope.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!